It matters to me how my information is used, so it’s not just because it’s the law that I want you to know how I treat your information. But there is a law about cookies and rules for GDPR – General Data Protection Regulation. You can find full details on the ICO website: https://ico.org.uk/.
This privacy notice provides you with details of how I collect and process your personal data through your use of my website thestressmedic.com.
By providing me with your data, you warrant to me that you are over 16 years of age.
Yvonne Cocks, trading as The Stress Medic, is the data controller and is responsible for your personal data.
Full name of legal entity: Yvonne Cocks trading as The Stress Medic
Email address: email@example.com
Postal address: 155 Wildmoor Lane, Bromsgrove, Worcestershire, B61 0RH
I am committed to safeguarding your privacy. Contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions or problems regarding my use of your Personal Data and I will gladly assist you.
Table of Contents
- Definitions used in this Policy
- Data protection principles I follow
- What rights do you have regarding your Personal Data
- What Personal Data I gather about you
- How I use your Personal Data
- Who else has access to your Personal Data
- How I secure your data
- Information about cookies
- Contact information
Personal Data – any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person.
Processing – any operation or set of operations which is performed on Personal Data or on sets of Personal Data.
Data subject – a natural person whose Personal Data is being Processed.
Child – a natural person under 16 years of age.
I/my/me (either capitalized or not) – Yvonne Cocks, trading as The Stress Medic
Data Protection Principles
I promise to follow the following data protection principles:
- Processing is lawful, fair, transparent. My Processing activities have lawful grounds. I always consider your rights before Processing Personal Data. I will provide you information regarding Processing upon request.
- Processing is limited to the purpose. My Processing activities fit the purpose for which Personal Data was gathered.
- Processing is done with minimal data. I only gather and Process the minimal amount of Personal Data required for any purpose.
- Processing is limited with a time period. I will not store your personal data for longer than needed.
- I will do my best to ensure the accuracy of data.
- I will do my best to ensure the integrity and confidentiality of data.
Data Subject’s rights
The Data Subject has the following rights:
- Right to information – meaning you have to right to know whether your Personal Data is being processed; what data is gathered, from where it is obtained and why and by whom it is processed.
- Right to access – meaning you have the right to access the data collected from/about you. This includes your right to request and obtain a copy of your Personal Data gathered.
- Right to rectification – meaning you have the right to request rectification or erasure of your Personal Data that is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to erasure – meaning in certain circumstances you can request for your Personal Data to be erased from my records.
- Right to restrict processing – meaning where certain conditions apply, you have the right to restrict the Processing of your Personal Data.
- Right to object to processing – meaning in certain cases you have the right to object to Processing of your Personal Data, for example in the case of direct marketing.
- Right to object to automated Processing – meaning you have the right to object to automated Processing, including profiling; and not to be subject to a decision based solely on automated Processing. This right you can exercise whenever there is an outcome of the profiling that produces legal effects concerning or significantly affecting you.
- Right to data portability – you have the right to obtain your Personal Data in a machine-readable format or if it is feasible, as a direct transfer from one Processor to another.
- Right to lodge a complaint – in the event that I refuse your request under the Rights of Access, I will provide you with a reason as to why. If you are not satisfied with the way your request has been handled please contact us.
- Right for the help of supervisory authority – meaning you have the right for the help of a supervisory authority and the right for other legal remedies such as claiming damages.
- Right to withdraw consent – you have the right withdraw any given consent for Processing of your Personal Data.
Data I gather
Information you have provided me with
This might be your e-mail address, name, billing address, home address etc – mainly information that is necessary for delivering you a product/service or to enhance your customer experience with us. I save the information you provide me with in order for you to comment or perform other activities on the website. This information includes, for example, your name and e-mail address.
You may give me your contact details by:
- Signing up to my newsletter through my website, this will go through to Mailchimp and I will receive an email notification.
- By adding yourself to my sign up form at one of my talks.
- By giving me your card at a networking meeting, in which case I will only add you to my newsletter list if you ask me to.
Whichever of the above you do, you will be added to Mailchimp.
If you only sign up for my newsletter, I only collect your name and email address and will send you newsletters, which include special offers. I may also send newsletters to clients or past clients. You can unsubscribe at any time, just click on the unsubscribe link at the bottom of the newsletter.
Information automatically collected about you
This includes information that is automatically stored by cookies and other session tools such as your IP address. This information is used to improve your customer experience. When you use my services or look at the contents of my website, your activities may be logged.
Publicly available information
I might gather information about you that is publicly available.
How I use your Personal Data
I use your Personal Data in order to:
- provide my service to you. This includes for example registering your account; providing you with other products and services that you have requested; providing you with promotional items at your request and communicating with you in relation to those products and services; communicating and interacting with you; and notifying you of changes to any services.
- enhance your customer experience;
- fulfil an obligation under law or contract;
- to market my business.
I use your Personal Data on legitimate grounds and/or with your Consent.
On the grounds of entering into a contract or fulfilling contractual obligations, I Process your Personal Data for the following purposes:
- to identify you;
- to provide you a service or to send/offer you a product;
- to communicate either for sales or invoicing.
On the ground of legitimate interest, I Process your Personal Data for the following purposes:
- to send you personalised offers*;
- to administer and analyse my client base (purchasing behaviour and history) in order to improve the quality, variety, and availability of products/ services offered/provided;
- to conduct questionnaires concerning client satisfaction.
As long as you have not informed me otherwise, I consider offering you products/services that are similar to or the same as your purchasing history/browsing behaviour to be my legitimate interest.
With your consent I Process your Personal Data for the following purposes:
- to send you newsletters and campaign offers;
- for other purposes I have asked your consent for.
I Process your Personal Data in order to fulfil obligation rising from law and/or use your Personal Data for options provided by law. I reserve the right to anonymise Personal Data gathered and to use any such data. I will use data outside the scope of this Policy only when it is anonymised. I save your billing information and other information gathered about you for as long as needed for accounting purposes or other obligations deriving from law, but not longer than 7 years.
I might process your Personal Data for additional purposes that are not mentioned here, but are compatible with the original purpose for which the data was gathered. To do this, I will ensure that:
- the link between purposes, context and nature of Personal Data is suitable for further Processing;
- the further Processing would not harm your interests; and
- there would be appropriate safeguard for Processing.
I will inform you of any further Processing and purposes.
Who else can access your Personal Data
I do not share your Personal Data with strangers. Personal Data about you is in some cases provided to my trusted partners in order to either make providing the service to you possible or to enhance your customer experience. I share your data with:
My processing partners:
- Freedom IT Solutions – IT company.
I only work with Processing partners who are able to ensure adequate level of protection to your Personal Data. I disclose your Personal Data to third parties or public officials when I am legally obliged to do so. I might disclose your Personal Data to third parties if you have consented to it or if there are other legal grounds for it.
How I secure your data
I do my best to keep your Personal Data safe:
- I use safe protocols for communication and transferring data (such as HTTPS).
- I monitor my systems for possible vulnerabilities and attacks.
- I use a firewall.
- I use strong passwords for all accounts where Personal Data can be accessed.
- I store offline Personal Data in a locked desk filing drawer, which is in a locked room.
- My laptop is pin-protected, as are any documents on which Personal Data is stored.
- I use anonymising and pseudonymising where suitable.
Even though I try my best, I cannot guarantee the security of information. However, I promise to notify suitable authorities of data breaches. I will also notify you if there is a threat to your rights or interests. I will do everything I reasonably can to prevent security breaches and to assist authorities should any breaches occur.
If you have an account with me, note that you have to keep your username and password secret.
I do not intend to collect or knowingly collect information from children. I do not target children with my services.
Cookies and other technologies I use
A cookie is a tiny text file stored on your computer. Cookies store information that is used to help make sites work. Only I can access the cookies created by my website. You can control your cookies at the browser level. Choosing to disable cookies may hinder your use of certain functions.
- Necessary cookies – these cookies are required for you to be able to use some important features on my website, such as logging in. These cookies don’t collect any personal information.
- Functionality cookies – these cookies provide functionality that makes using my service more convenient and makes providing more personalised features possible. For example, they might remember your name and e-mail in comment forms so you don’t have to re-enter this information next time when commenting.
- Analytics cookies – these cookies are used to track the use and performance of my website and services
- Advertising cookies – these cookies are used to deliver advertisements that are relevant to you and to your interests. In addition, they are used to limit the number of times you see an advertisement. They are usually placed to the website by advertising networks with the website operator’s permission. These cookies remember that you have visited a website and this information is shared with other organisations such as advertisers. Often targeting or advertising cookies will be linked to site functionality provided by the other organisation.
You can remove cookies stored in your computer via your browser settings. Alternatively, you can control some 3rd party cookies by using a privacy enhancement platform such as optout.aboutads.info or youronlinechoices.com. For more information about cookies, visit allaboutcookies.org.
ICO – ico.org
Last modification was made 17th May 2018.